Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The being and the book

 It's a beautiful monsoon afternoon as I sit here in a cold dim computer laboratory. At this moment, I feel nothing but peaceful. That's something because how many times in a year do we feel so? At least, I don't.

I just issued a Charles Dicken's novel from my college library to add to this calm day. Dicken's novel always gave me the feeling of being in the 1800's like no other. Not even Jane Austen or Margaret Mitchell could do that to the finish. Somehow, reading these vintage novels gives me a sense of nostalgia.

I've been putting off reading for quite a while. No time days, busy schedules, etc being the excuses for the same. I began reading The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai but only read about 10 pages. But not this time, no. It's a perfect weather for reading and a classic novel at that. The smell and softness of those old pages, turned and visualized by many.

A novel, a cup of coffee and maybe a little solitude for a while. At this moment, I have peace.

Till more.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment